The Athens Public International Law Center was founded in July 2015. It is an academic institution that forms part of the Faculty of Law of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
The mission of Athens PIL is to be a leading research centre committed to the study and promotion of international law.
The Center’s objectives are
- To contribute to the promotion of international law through teaching, research and other scientific events.
- To provide an environment that brings together students, researchers and academics interested in international law from all over the world.
- To play a pivotal role in the development of international law through strong cooperation and partnership with other academic institutions or research centers, international organizations and other scientific and social organizations.
The Center’s key activities include
- Expert seminars and meetings on carefully selected topics of international law.
- A bibliographical center with emphasis on International law related research activities and publications.
- Bilateral and multilateral co-operation with otheracademic institutions or research centers .
- Organisation of conferences on topical issues of international law and national and international events.
- Training and education seminars and programmes.
Sandrine de Herdt